- David Gil Mendez, Magnus Johnsson, J.M. Garcia Chamizo, A. Soriano Paya and D. Ruiz Fernandez. Modelling of urological dysfunctions with neurological etiology by means of their centres involved. Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine.
- David Gil Mendez, Magnus Johnsson, J.M. Garcia Chamizo, A. Soriano Paya and D. Ruiz Fernandez. Application of artificial neural networks in the diagnosis of urological dysfunctions. To appear in Journal of Expert Systems With Applications, 2008.
- Christian Balkenius, Magnus Johnsson and B. Johansson, Understanding Cognition by Building Robots. In A Smorgasbord of Cognitive Science, Nya Doxa, in press, 2008.
- Christian Balkenius, Jan Morén, B. Johansson and Magnus Johnsson, Ikaros: Building Cognitive Models for Robots. In Hülse, M. and Hild, M. (Eds). Workshop on current software frameworks in cognitive robotics integrating different computational paradigms (in conjunction with IROS 2008), Nice, France, 47-54, 2008.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. Recognizing Texture and Hardness by Touch. In Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2008), Nice, France, 482-487, 2008.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. Associating SOM Representations of Haptic Submodalities. In: Ramamoorthy, S. and Hayes, G. M. (Eds.) Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems 2008, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, 124-129, 2008.
- Magnus Johnsson, David Gil Mendez and Christian Balkenius. Touch Perception with SOM, Growing Cell Structures and Growing Grids. In Ramamoorthy, S. and Hayes, G. M. (Eds.) Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems 2008, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, 79-85, 2008.
- David Gil Mendez, Magnus Johnsson, A. Soriano Paya and D. Ruiz Fernandez. Artificial Neural Networks for Diagnoses of Dysfunctions in Urology. Proceedings of Healthinf 2008, Madeira, Portugal, 191-196, 2008.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk and Jacek Malec. Learning to Evaluate Conditional Partial Plans. In: The Sixth International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA'07), 13-15 December 2007, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk and Jacek Malec. Inductive Logic Programming Algorithm for Estimating Quality of Partial Plans. In Proc. 6th Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, November 4-10, 2007, Aguascalientes, Mexico, LNCS, Springer.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk and Jacek Malec. An Architecture for Resource Bounded Agents. In: 2nd International Symposium Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Applications (AAIA'07), Wisla, Poland, October 15-17, 2007.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. Experiments with Proprioception in a Self-Organizing System for Haptic Perception. In: Wilson, M., S., Labrosse, F., Nehmzow, U., Melhuish, C., Witkowski, M. (Eds.) Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems 2007, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK, 239-245, 2007.
- Jacek Malec, Anders Nilsson, Klas Nilsson and Slawomir Nowaczyk. Knowledge-Based Reconfiguration of Automation Systems. Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering 2007, pp. 170--175, September 22-25, 2007, Scottsdale, Arizona USA.
- Christian Balkenius, Magnus Johnsson and B. Johansson. Explorations in Cognitive Robotics. In Löfström, T., Johansson, U., Sönströd, C., König, R. and Niklasson, L. (Eds.) Proceedings of SAIS 2007, University College of Borås, Borås, Sweden, 189-192, 2007.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk and Jacek Malec. Learning to Evaluate Conditional Partial Plans, Planning to Learn Workshop (PlanLearn), European Conference om Machine Learning, Warsaw, September 17-21, 2007.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. LUCS Haptic Hand III - An Anthropomorphic Robot Hand with Proprioception. LUCS Minor 13, LUCS, Lund University, 2007.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk and Jacek Malec. Relative Relevance of Subsets of Agent's Knowledge. In Proc. Workshop on Logics for Resource-Bounded Agents, LRBA'07, Durham, UK, 3-7 September 2007.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. Neural Network Models of Haptic Shape Perception. Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 55, 720-727, 2007.
- Ola Angelsmark, Jacek Malec, Klas Nilsson, Slawomir Nowaczyk and Leonardo Prosperi. Knowledge Representation for Reconfigurable Automation Systems (abstract). In: Proc. ICRA-2007 Workshop on Semantic Information in Robotics, J. Hertzberg and A. Saffiotti, Eds., Rome, Italy, 2007. (10 Slides with poster info)
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. Haptic Perception with a Robotic Hand. In Honkela, T., Raiko, T., Kortela, J. and Valpola, H. (Eds.) Proceedings of the Ninth Scandinavian Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SCAI 2006), Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland, 127-134, 2006.
- Ola Angelsmark and Johan Thapper. Partitioning Based Algorithms for Some Colouring Problems, in: Recent Advances in Constraints 2005, LNAI vol. 3978, B. Hnich, M. Carlsson, F. Fages and F. Rossi (Eds.), pp. 49-58, Springer-Verlag, 2006.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. A Robot Hand with T-MPSOM Neural Networks in a Model of the Human Haptic System. In Witkowski, M., Nehmzow, U., Melhuish, C., Moxey, E. and Ellery, A. (Eds.) Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems 2006, Surrey University, Guildford, UK, 80-87, 2006.
- Ola Angelsmark, Jacek Malec, Klas Nilsson, Slawomir Nowaczyk and Leonardo Prosperi. Knowledge Representation for Reconfigurable Automation Systems, In Proc. 9th National Conference on Robotics, Piechowice, Poland, pp. 129--138, 2006. (available in Polish as well).
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. LUCS Haptic Hand II. LUCS Minor, 9, LUCS, Lund University, 2006.
- Mikael Asker and Jacek Malec. A Semantics for Active Logics. In G. Brewka et al., Eds., Proc. 17th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Riva del Garda, Italy, pp. 739--740, IOS Press, 2006.
- Magnus Johnsson and Christian Balkenius. Experiments with Artificial Haptic Perception in a Robotic Hand. Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 17, 4, 377-385, 2006.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk. Partial Planning for Situated Agents based on Active Logic. In N. Alechina and T. Ågotnes, Eds., Proc. of the Workshop on Logics for Resource-Bounded Agents, pp. 99--111, ESSLLI, Malaga, 2006.
- Mikael Asker and Jacek Malec. Improving Active Consequence. In N. Alechina and T. Ågotnes, Eds., Proc. of the Workshop on Logics for Resource-Bounded Agents, pp. 8--21, ESSLLI, Malaga, 2006.
- Jacek Malec and Slawomir Nowaczyk, Deduction and Exploratory Assessment of Partial Plans, Proc. IJCAI 2005 Workshop on Planning and Learning in A Priori Unknown or Dynamic Domains, V. Bulitko & S. Koenig (eds.), Edinburgh, Scotland, 2005, pp. 117--124.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk, Learning of Agents with Limited Resources - extended version, Proc. Doctoral Symposium IJCAI 05, 2005.
- Mikael Asker and Jacek Malec, On Reasoning and Planning in Real-Time: An LDS-based approach. In Metacognition in Computation, Proc. of 2005 AAAI Spring Symposium, Technical Report SS-05-04, AAAI Press, 2005, pp. 30--35
- Magnus Johnsson, Robert Pallbo and Christian Balkenius. A Haptic System for the LUCS Haptic Hand I. In Mira, J., and Alvarez, J.R. (Eds.), Mechanisms, Symbols, and Models Underlying Cognition: First International Work-Conference on the Interplay Between Natural and Artificial Computation, IWINAC 2005, 386-395. Springer-Verlag, 2005.
- Magnus Johnsson, Robert Pallbo and Christian Balkenius,Experiments with Haptic Perception in a Robotic Hand . In: Funk, P., Rognvaldsson, T., and Xiong, N. (Eds.) Advances in Artificial Intelligence in Sweden, Västerås, Sweden: Mälardalen University, 81-86, 2005
- Slawomir Nowaczyk, Learning of Agents with Limited Resources, Proc. SAIS 05, Västerås, Sweden, 2005.
- Magnus Johnsson. LUCS Haptic Hand I – Technical Report. LUCS Minor, 8, LUCS, Lund University, 2005.
- Mats Petter Pettersson. Reversed Planning Graphs for Relevance Heuristics in AI Planning. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications Series, Vol. 117, pp. 29-38, IOS Press, 2005, L. Castillo et al. (Eds.).
- Maozu Guo, Yang Liu, and Jacek Malec. A New Q-Learning Algorithm Based on the Metropolis Criterion. In IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B Cybernetics, Vol. 34, No. 5, pages: 2140-2143, October 2004.
- Mikael Asker and Jacek Malec, On Reasoning and Planning in Real-Time: An LDS-based approach. Proc. of the 4th COGROB Workshop, Valencia, Spain, August 23-24, 2004.
- Kevin LeBlanc, Stefan Johansson, Jacek Malec, Humberto Martinez and Alessandro Saffiotti, Team Chaos 2004, Proc. RoboCup 2004, Lisbon, Portugal, June 2004.
- Mikael Asker and Jacek Malec, Reasoning with limited resources: Active Logics Expressed as Labelled Deductive Systems. Proc. of the 8th National Conference on Robotics, Polanica Zdroj, Poland, June 23-25, 2004, extended version in: Bulletin of Polish Academy of Sciences, Tech. Sci., vol. 53, no. 1, 2005.
- Jacek Malec and Janusz Zalewski, Extended Generic Layered Architecture for Real-Time Modeling and Simulation. Proc. of the 2nd Swedish-American Workshop on Modelling and Simulation, Cocoa Beach, FL, February 2-4 2004, pp. 120--126.
2003 and earlier
- Paul Reinerfelt, The Importance of Revision in Computational Models of Design. Accepted to the EuroCogSci 2003 conference as a poster presentation. Osnabrück, Germany, 10-13 September 2003.
- Mikael Asker and Jacek Malec, Reasoning with limited resources: An LDS-based approach. Proc. of the 8th Scandinavian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Bergen, Norway, November 2-4, 2003, pp. 13--24.
- Adam Borkowski, Michal Gnatowski and Jacek Malec, Mobile Robot Cooperation in Simple Environments. Proc. of the 2nd IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot Motion and Control, Bukowy Dworek, October 2001, pp. 109--114.
- Michal Gnatowski and Jacek Malec, A Minimalistic Model of Mobile Robot Cooperation. (in Polish) Proc. of the 7th National Conference on Robotics, Ladek Zdroj, Poland, September 2001, pp. 205--216.
- Roger Jonsson and Jacek Malec, Towards computing the parameters of the Simple Genetic Algorithm. In Proc. of the 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC2001), Seoul, Korea, 27-30 May 2001.
- Jacek Malec. On augmenting reactivity with deliberation in a controlled manner. In Balancing Reactivity and Social Deliberation in Multi-Agent Systems, Markus Hannebauer, Jan Wendler and Enrico Pagello, eds., pp. 76--91, Springer, Berlin, LNAI 2103, 2001.
- Robert Pallbo, Mind as Evolution and Evolution as Such, in F. Heylighen, J Bollen, and A. Riegler (eds.) The Evolution of Complexity, pp. 201-219, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 1999.
- A. Andersson, P. Davidsson, and J. Lindén, Measure-based classifier performance evaluation, Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol. 20 (11-13) (1999), pp. 1165-1173
- A. Andersson, P. Davidsson, and J. Lindén, Model selection using measure functions Proc. of the ECML'98 Workshop on Upgrading Learning to the Meta-Level: Model Selection and Data Transformation, pages 54--65, 1998. (ecml.ps)
- Arne Andersson, Paul Davidsson, and Johan Lindén Measuring generalization quality LU-CS-TR: 98-202, Dept. of Computer Science, Lund University, Sweden, 1998.
- Robert Pallbo, An Inquiry into Meno's Dilemma, Evolution and Cognition, 3(2), 1997.
- Robert Pallbo, A One Step Motion Detection Circuitry, Biosystems 40 (1997) pp. 141-148, 1997.
- P. Davidsson. Coin Classification Using a Novel Technique for Learning Characteristic Decision Trees by Controlling the Degree of Generalization, In Ninth International Conference on Industrial & Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems (IEA/AIE-96), pp. 403-412, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, 1996.
- P. Davidsson. A Linearly Quasi-Anticipatory Autonomous Agent Architecture: Some preliminary experiments, In Distributed Artificial Intelligence (Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 1087), C. Zhang and D. Lukose (ed.), pages 189-203, Springer Verlag, 1996.
- Kristofer Ekbom and Eric Astor. Investigation of Resource Allocation in Multi Agent Systems and Computational Markets, Technical Report, SIKT, University College of Karlskrona-Ronneby, 1996.
- Fredrik Ygge and Eric Astor. Interacting Intelligent Software Agents in Demand Management, In Proc. of Demand Automation and Demand System Management, 1995, DA/DSM '95, Rome, Italy, 1995.
- P. Davidsson. Learning Characteristic Decision Trees, In Eighth Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI'95), World Scientific, 1995.
- P. Davidsson. ID3-SD: An Algorithm for Learning Characteristic Decision Trees by Controlling the Degree of Generalization, LU-CS-TR: 95-145, Department of Computer Science, Lund University, Sweden, 1995.
- P. Davidsson. On the Concept of Concept in the Context of Autonomous Agents, In Second World Conference on the Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence, pp 85-96, 1995.
- Bertil Ekdahl, Eric Astor and Paul Davidsson. Toward Anticipatory Agents, In M. Woolridge and N.R. Jennings, editors, Intelligent Agents - Theories, Architectures, and Languages, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 890, pp. 191-202, Springer Verlag, 1995.
- Christian Balkenius, Lars Kopp and Robert Pallbo, A Robot with Autonomous Spatial Learning: A Project Overview, Proceedings of SAIS 94, Sillen R. (ed.), Nova Cast, Ronneby, 1994.
- Robert Pallbo, Motion Detection - A neural model and its implementation, LUCS Minor 1 ISSN 1104-1609, ISRN LUHFDA/KOMI--1--SE, 1994.
- Paul Davidsson, Eric Astor and Bertil Ekdahl. A Framework for Autonomous Agents Based On the Concept of Anticipatory Systems, In R. Trappl, editor, Cybernetics and Systems '94, pp. 1427-1434, World Scientific, 1994.
- Paul Davidsson. Toward a General Solution to the Symbol Grounding Problem: Combining Machine Learning and Computer Vision, In AAAI Fall Symposium Series, Machine Learning in Computer Vision: What, Why and How?, pages 157-161, AAAI Press, 1993.
- Robert Pallbo, Ontogenesis in neural networks, Lund University Cognitive Studies 24, ISSN 1101-8453, ISRN LUHFDA/HFKO--5018--SE, 1993.
- Robert Pallbo. Visual motion detection based on a cooperative neural network architecture, In Scandinavian Conference of Artificial Intelligence - 93, pages 183-192, IOS Press, 1993.
- Paul Davidsson. A Framework for Organization and Representation on Concept Knowledge in Autonomous Agents, In Scandinavian Conference of Artificial Intelligence - 93, pages 183-192, IOS Press, 1993.
- Paul Davidsson. Concept Acquisition by Autonomous Agents: Cognitive Modeling versus the Engineering Approach, Lund University Cognitive Studies 12, ISSN 1101-8453, Lund University, Sweden, 1992.
- Eric Astor, Bertil Ekdahl, Paul Davidsson and Rune Gustavsson. Anticipatory Planning, Advance Proc. of European Workshop on Planning 1991, EWSP-91, S:t Augustin, 1991.
- Christian Balkenius & Robert Pallbo, Efficient implementation of neural networks in an object oriented programming environment, in Proceedings of Neuro Nimes '91, Fourth International Conference, pp. 733-736, EC2, Paris, 1991.
- Magnus Johnsson: Sense of Touch in Robots, PhD thesis, Department of Cognitive Science, Lund University, 2009.
- Slawomir Nowaczyk: Conditional Partial Plans for Rational Situated Agents Capable of Deductive Reasoning and Inductive Learning , PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science, Lund University, 2008.
- Robert Pallbo: Mind in Motion - the utlization of noise in the cognitive process, PhD thesis, Department of Cognitive Science, Lund University, 1997.
- Bertil Ekdahl: Computerized Agents from a Linguistic Perspective, PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science, Lund University, 1997.
- Paul Davidsson: Autonomous Agents and the Concept of Concepts, PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science, Lund University, 1996.
- Paul Davidsson: Concepts and Autonomous Agents - Part 1, Licentiate thesis, Department of Computer Science, Lund University, 1994.
- Robert Pallbo: Motion Detection by Cooperation - A case study of the time dimension in neural networks, Licentiate thesis, Department of Computer Science, Lund University, 1994.
Please note that Master and Bachelor theses done under our supervision can be found on education page.
- Swedish translation of the lecture slides (by Eric Astor and Jacek Malec) for the book: David J. Barnes and Michael Kölling, Objects First with Java, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall/Pearson Education 2004
- Jacek Malec, Logic and Artificial Intelligence, lecture slides, 2002.
- Robert Pallbo, The First Person - Avoiding the problems of consciousness, 2001.
- Jacek Malec, Some Thoughts on Robotics for Education, Presented at the 2001 AAAI Spring Symposium on Robotics and Education, Stanford University, March 2001.
- Jacek Malec, Implementing teams of agents playing simulated robot soccer. (Partial) lecture notes for the presentation at the 2nd Workshop on Mobile Robotics, Zakopane, September 1999.
- Robert Pallbo, Myror i huvudet (populärvetenskaplig) (in swedish), 1999.
Please observe that the present and former AI group members have published also at other places and with other affiliations. The publications above were prepared while the authors were with the Department of Computer Science, Lund University. For other publications, please consult the home page of the respective author.